History of World Wide Web
- 1958: USA launches ARPA (Advanced Research Projects Agency). A project of the agency was to create a network that will use packet switching
- 1969: Creation of ARPANET.
- 1974: Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn describe the TCP protocols.
- 1983: First TCP/IP network was launched called the Internet
- 1994: The Netscape Navigator browser was released
- 1996: Th first e-commerce applications appeared
- 1998: A company called Goto.com created the Pay-per-click model
- 2000: Google gains popularity
- 2002: Web2.0 era begun.
A market is any set of arrangements that allows buyers and sellers to exchange goods and services.
Marketing is the management process involved in identifying, anticipating and satisfying consumer requirements profitably.
Find customer needs online, deliver information to that customer and satisfy the customer needs with a product or service.
Web Development: Process of building a website.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Marketing a business inside search engines.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Ways of optimizing factors of a website so that in complies with the search engine guidelines. In this way the pages will achieve higher rankings on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Pay-per-Click Advertising (PPC): Advertising model where advertiser pay only when a user clicks on their ad.