Ways to perform a website usability test
Five Second Test
Run a quick free page usability poll:
- make a screenshot of a web page you want to test;
- upload it to Five Second Test site and grab the link of your test;
- spread the link (via social media, for example): people will be offered to look at your screenshot for 5 seconds and then write down 5 things they managed to remember;
- receive service email messages with the people’s answers;
- collect the messages and then organize the data to define most outstanding (easier to remember) elements of the web page.
Feng-Gui shows you the heat map of any image you submit. Feng-GUI creates heatmaps based on an algorithm that predicts what a real human would be most likely to look at.
This algorithm is based on:
- density, contrast;
Make sure you follow the rules of this list.