- Directory Listing
- submit site to directory list http://info.vilesilencer.com/seo-friendly-list.xls
- Use http://www.addurl.nu/ for addding site to directories
- External Links: What pages link to your page
- Internal Links
- All pages should be reached just by clicking regular links.
- Start by going through the website and see where it would make sense (from a user's point of view), and insert some contextual links to other pages that you want to rank better.
- Be sure to use the keywords/phrases (in the anchor text) that you would like the destination pages to rank for.
- Find which pages have the most links and which ones have the least. You can strengthen the weaker pages by pointing some contextual links from the strong pages to the weak ones. Use [*www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ Google Webmaster Tools] for that. You can strengthen the weaker pages by pointing some contextual links from the strong pages to the weak ones. It's usually best not to link to them from every page of the site, just from a few that have strong linkage.
- Tools/Website to use
- SE: Analysis view - Add keywords and analyse diffferent elements.
- Compare them element-by-element basis
1. What are the top ten websites for each major search query?
2. What are the competitive search ranking factors of each of these sites (page count, external links, keywords in titles, etc.)?
3. Are their ranking factor anomalies, like a high ranking from a small site with few links?
4. Which web sites rank for multiple major organic search queries?
- Tools to spy
Look for trends and outliers.
- Trends tell you the norm, what you need to accomplish to earn a top rank.
- Outliers offer-up insight into search engine behavior, at least for that particular search query. They can also reveal possible shortcuts to that top 10 ranking.