- Objectives: Long-term outlook.
- Goals: Short-term aims.
- Specifics: The action steps of goal settings.
Goal conversions are the primary metric for measuring how well your site fulfills business objectives. A goal is a website page which a visitor reaches once they have made a purchase or completed another desired action, such as a registration or download.
Once you have set your goals, you'll be able to see conversion rates and the monetary value of the traffic you receive. You can also define a "funnel path" for each goal. A funnel path is the path you want visitors to take to reach a goal. Defining a funnel path allows you to monitor how frequently visitors who begin a conversion process actually complete it. more in funnels
Setting up Goals
Goals > Set up goals and funnels > Add goal
The information you need to enter to create a new goal are:
- Goal Name: The name of the goal.
- Active Goal: If you wish the goal to be active or not.
- Goal Position: The position of the goal.
- Goal Type
- URL Destination
- Time on Site
- Goal Funnel: For every goal URL, there is a logical way that users reach that goal. A funnel is used to measure how often users take the logical path to the goal URL. If they deviate from that path frequently, maybe that path is not the best for the users.