Author: Steve McConnell
Publisher : Microsoft Press
ISBN : 0-7356-1967-0
Pages : 960
Table of Contents
Researchers have discovered effective practices that eliminate most of the programming problems. Most organizations don't use them. This book makes these discoveries available to programmers.
Chapter 1: Welcome to Software Construction
What is Software Construction
Construction is mostly coding and debugging but also involves detailed design, construction planning, unit testing, integration, integration testing, and other activities.
Why Is Software Construction Important?
- Construction is a large part of software development.
- Construction is the central activity in software development.
- With a focus on construction, the individual programmer's productivity can improve enormously.
- Construction's product, the source code, is often the only accurate description of the software.
- Construction is the only activity that's guaranteed to be done.